The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Last night I went to see the Hobbit and it was absolutely amazing. They only changed little bits but generally they stuck to the book quite well. 


For those of you who don't know, it's about Bilbo who gets chosen by Gandalf to be a burglar for 13 Dwarves who are going to reclaim stolen land and gold from Smaug the dragon. On this section of their journey they encounter trolls, orcs, goblins and Gollum. I'm not going to go into immense detail of what happens because that will ruin it for you. What I will say is for all you girls to watch out for Fili and Kili, the two younger dwarves, who are strangely good looking as is Thorin, played by Richard Armitage (Guy of Gisbourne in the Robin Hood TV series ans played harry in the vicar of dibley).


As sad it may seem the best bit about the film was the frequent use of the song 'Concerning Hobbits' which was also used in The Fellowship of the Ring. They played it about 5 times, some of which are the song slowed down or played with different instruments. It's my favourite LOTR song so I was so happy they used it and I like it so much that it's my alarm tone in the morning. 
Anyway it was so good and I recommend that you go and see it, especially if you love the Lord of the Rings films.
Has anybody else seen it?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Comments

  1. I watched it and thought it was okay! It was pretty long and slow moving but I can't wait for the next one! The difference in fpm was hard to get my head around at first!

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I will reply to your comment but you can also tweet me at @amyleehaynes or e-mail me at: amyleehaynes@hotmail.co.uk

Popular Posts